James II, King of Scotland
|born on||14 October 1633 Jul.Cal. (24 Oct 1633 greg.) at 23:00 (= 11:00 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||LMT m0w10 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||01°48' 01°18 Asc. 09°54'|
British royalty of the Stuart line who reigned as James, King of Scotland 1685-88.
His childhood was clouded by a civil war from which he escaped to Holland in 1642. At the time of the Restoration in 1660, he returned to England and was a prominent figure throughout the reign of his brother, Charles II. He loved the sea.
James married Anne Hyde in 1660 and they had a son on 22 July 1663 NS who died before age four. James continued his pattern of many mistresses. His second wife was a girl of 16 in 1672. When he succeeded to the throne in 1685, he tried to bring Catholicism back to England, which led to his downfall and exile in 1688.
His son James, the Pretender, was born the year of his exile, 1688. James II died 16 September 1701 NS.
- associate relationship with George Villiers, 2nd Duke of Buckingham (born 30 January 1628 Jul.Cal. (9 Feb 1628 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Anne, Queen of Britain (born 6 February 1665 Jul.Cal. (16 Feb 1665 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Charles, Duke of Cambridge (born 7 November 1677 Jul.Cal. (17 Nov 1677 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Charles, Duke of Kendal (born 4 July 1666 Jul.Cal. (14 July 1666 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Edgar, Duke of Cambridge (born 14 September 1667 Jul.Cal. (24 Sep 1667 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with James, Duke of Cambridge (born 12 July 1663 Jul.Cal. (22 July 1663 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with James, Prince of England (born 10 June 1688 Jul.Cal. (20 June 1688 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Mary II, Queen of England (born 30 April 1662 Jul.Cal. (10 May 1662 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Stuart, Isabel (born 28 August 1676 Jul.Cal. (7 Sep 1676 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Charles I, King (born 19 November 1600 Jul.Cal. (29 Nov 1600 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Henriette Marie, Queen of France (born 25 November 1609 (greg.))
- spouse relationship with Mary, Queen Consort (1658) (born 5 October 1658 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Charles II, King of England (born 29 May 1630 Jul.Cal. (8 June 1630 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Elizabeth Stuart (born 28 December 1635 Jul.Cal. (7 Jan 1636 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Henrietta of England, Duchess of Orléans (born 16 June 1644 Jul.Cal. (26 June 1644 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Mary, Princess of Orange (born 4 November 1631 Jul.Cal. (14 Nov 1631 greg.))
- Family : Change residence 1642 (Escaped to Holland)
- Family : Change residence 1660 (Returned to England)
- Relationship : Marriage 1660 (Anne Hyde)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 22 July 1663 (greg.) (Birth of son)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 1672 (Wife age 16)
- Work : Gain social status 1685 (King of Scotland, three years)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1688 (Birth of son, James)
AFA Yearbook 1950, p.239, quotes an article by E. Bastian and Martin Harvey from a letter written three days after the birth by Kenrick Edisbury, Naval Envoy.
(Fowler's quotes Sibley, "a notoriously unreliable source" for the same date, 11:30 PM.
Marc Penfield gives Oct 14, 1633 OS, 22:44 LMT, quoting Harvey.
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Civil War)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Wife 23 yr younger)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Anne Hyde)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (First son died before age four)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (England)