Mary II, Queen of England
|born on||30 April 1662 Jul.Cal. (10 May 1662 greg.) at 02:22 (= 02:22 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||LMT m0w10 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°30' 06°28 Asc. 14°44'|
British Royalty, the eldest daughter of James, Duke of York and his first wife, Anne, educated as a Protestant.
Betrothed to William III of Orange in October 1677, they married in London on 11/04/1677. She was childless in an unhappy marriage, modest and retiring in disposition, pious and loyal. Her husband made an expedition to England in 1688 to take over the throne, they were proclaimed King and Queen of England and then Scotland; crowned 4/11/1689.
Weak in body and troubled in mind, she died of smallpox 12/28/1694 at Kensington Palace.
- associate relationship with Covel, John (born 2 April 1638 Jul.Cal. (12 Apr 1638 greg.)). Notes: Chaplain
- child->parent relationship with James II, King of Scotland (born 14 October 1633 Jul.Cal. (24 Oct 1633 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Anne, Queen of Britain (born 6 February 1665 Jul.Cal. (16 Feb 1665 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Charles, Duke of Cambridge (born 7 November 1677 Jul.Cal. (17 Nov 1677 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Charles, Duke of Kendal (born 4 July 1666 Jul.Cal. (14 July 1666 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Edgar, Duke of Cambridge (born 14 September 1667 Jul.Cal. (24 Sep 1667 greg.))
- sibling relationship with James, Duke of Cambridge (born 12 July 1663 Jul.Cal. (22 July 1663 greg.))
- sibling relationship with James, Prince of England (born 10 June 1688 Jul.Cal. (20 June 1688 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Stuart, Isabel (born 28 August 1676 Jul.Cal. (7 Sep 1676 greg.))
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship October 1677 (Betrothed to William)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death by Disease 28 December 1694 Jul.Cal. (7 Jan 1695 greg.) (Smallpox, age 32)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Martin Harvey quotes records in AQ, Winter 1952, "This morning, very early, the Duchess of York was brought to bed of a daughter at St. James...April 30,1662 OS." Harvey adds, "An old medical note-book recorded by Sloane in 1708 gave the precise time of 2:22 AM; a biographer of the period gave 1:30 AM."
(Modern Astrology 5/1917 gave 1:00 AM.
Penfield in Mercury Hour 1/1990 quotes "William's Mary" by Elizabeth Hamilton for 1:00 AM.
Holliday quotes "William and Mary" by Henri and Barbara van der Zee, MacMillan, 1975, p.33, for the date, no time.)
Sy Scholfield quotes "Mrs. Dawson's Diary concerning the births, ages, and deaths of James the IId's children" in "Reliquiæ Hearnianæ: the remains of Thomas Hearne, extracts from his MS. diaries, collected with a few notes by P. Bliss, Volume 1" by Thomas Hearne (Oxford: James Wright, 1857), p. 274: "Lady Mary was born upon the 30th of April 1662, at one o'clock in the morning." Mrs Dawson was the lady of the bedchamber (midwife) to Anne Hyde, in attendance when Anne was born.
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First born)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (William of Orange)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Smallpox)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Britain)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women