Mary II, Queen of England
|born on||10 May 1662 (greg.) at 02:22 (= 02:22 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||LMT m0w10 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°30' 06°28 Asc. 14°44'|
British Royalty, the eldest daughter of James, Duke of York and his first wife, Anne, educated as a Protestant.
Betrothed to William III of Orange in October 1677, they married in London on 11/04/1677. She was childless in an unhappy marriage, modest and retiring in disposition, pious and loyal. Her husband made an expedition to England in 1688 to take over the throne, they were proclaimed King and Queen of England and then Scotland; crowned 4/11/1689.
Weak in body and troubled in mind, she died of smallpox 12/28/1694 at Kensington Palace.
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship October 1677 (Betrothed to William)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Martin Harvey quotes records in AQ, Winter 1952, "This morning, very early, the Duchess of York was brought to bed of a daughter at St. James...April 30,1662 OS." Harvey adds, "An old medical note-book recorded by Sloane in 1708 gave the precise time of 2:22 AM; a biographer of the period gave 1:30 AM."
(Modern Astrology 5/1917 gave 1:00 AM.
Penfield in Mercury Hour 1/1990 quotes "William's Mary" by Elizabeth Hamilton for 1:00 AM.
Holliday quotes "William and Mary" by Henri and Barbara van der Zee, MacMillan, 1975, p.33, for the date, no time.)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First born)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (William of Orange)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Smallpox)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Britain)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women