Charles, Duke of Cambridge
|born on||7 November 1677 Jul.Cal. (17 Nov 1677 greg.) at 21:45 (= 9:45 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||LMT m0w10 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||26°13' 00°08 Asc. 13°33'|
English royalty, the first of two sons and third of seven children born from the marriage between James, Duke of York (later James II of England & VII of Scotland) and Mary of Modena. He was styled Duke of Cambridge, but never formally created so, due to the fact that he died so young.
At the time of his birth at St James's Palace, Charles was the second surviving child of James and Mary, a sister, Catherine Laura, having died the previous year. Another sister, Isabel, one year older than Charles, died at the age of four in 1681. Like so many of his brothers and sisters, the infant Duke lived for a little more than a month, dying on 12 December the same year he was born.
- child->parent relationship with James II, King of Scotland (born 14 October 1633 Jul.Cal. (24 Oct 1633 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Anne, Queen of Britain (born 6 February 1665 Jul.Cal. (16 Feb 1665 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Charles, Duke of Kendal (born 4 July 1666 Jul.Cal. (14 July 1666 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Edgar, Duke of Cambridge (born 14 September 1667 Jul.Cal. (24 Sep 1667 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
- sibling relationship with James, Duke of Cambridge (born 12 July 1663 Jul.Cal. (22 July 1663 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
- sibling relationship with James, Prince of England (born 10 June 1688 Jul.Cal. (20 June 1688 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Mary II, Queen of England (born 30 April 1662 Jul.Cal. (10 May 1662 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Mary, Queen Consort (1658) (born 5 October 1658 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Stuart, Isabel (born 28 August 1676 Jul.Cal. (7 Sep 1676 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Mrs. Dawson's Diary concerning the births, ages, and deaths of James the IId's children" in "Reliquiæ Hearnianæ: the remains of Thomas Hearne, extracts from his MS. diaries, collected with a few notes by P. Bliss, Volume 1" by Thomas Hearne (Oxford: James Wright, 1857), p. 276: "Charles, duke of Cambridge, was born Nov. 7th, 1677, a quarter before 10 at night. Dyed Dec. the 12th, 1677." Mrs Dawson was the lady of the bedchamber (midwife) to Mary of Modena, in attendance when Mary gave birth to Charles.
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (England)