Henri II, King of France
|born on||31 March 1519 Jul.Cal. (10 Apr 1519 greg.) at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||St.Germain En Laye, France, 48n53, 2e04|
|Timezone||LMT m2e04 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°10' 28°25 Asc. 05°22'|
French royalty, the fourth child and second son of King Francois I and Claude de Valois. He succeeded his father in 1547 as an ambitious, persistent, melancholy and bigoted ruler with little capacity. A tormenter of the Huguenots, he took their land and laid the seeds for the French religious wars to come.
He married Catherine de Medicis and was succeeded by all three of his sons in sequence, Francis II, Charles IX and Henri III.
Henry died from a temple wound on 7/10/1559 NS, Paris, France, as a result of tilting with Count Montgomery on 6/30/1959 NS.
- parent->child relationship with Charles IX, King of France (born 27 June 1550 Jul.Cal. (7 July 1550 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Catherine de Medici, Queen (born 13 April 1519 Jul.Cal. (23 Apr 1519 greg.))
- Work : Gain social status 1547 (Succeeded father as King of France)
- Health : Accident (Non-fatal) 30 June 1559 (greg.) (Temple wound while jousting)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Martin Harvey quotes Latin records, but says it may be doubtful; March 31, 1519. The baby's grandmother said "around 7:00 AM," but Gauricus and Junctinus were the astrologers of the wife and mother, so presumably had the correct time. Junctinus gave 5:24 AM, with an MC of 8 Capricorn 30, ASC 10 Aries27, Moon 27 Aries51. Harvey printed a chart in Nativitas I for 5:51 AM with an MC of 16 Capricorn, ASC 5 Taurus and Moon 28 Aries 26.
In the Astrological Journal January/2000, Jaroslav Mixa gives a birthplace of Fontainebleau.
Barbault quotes the Journal of Louise de Savoie for a location of Versailles, where Britannica gives St. Germain en Laye.
Penfield Collection and Taeger both quotes NN for 5:00 AM, however NN No.535 has 7:15 AM LMT on March 31 OS "according to Gauricus."
Desmond Seward's biography "Prince of the Renaissance" has only the year, 1519.
Mixa quotes Comitis de Flisco in "Decas de Fato," Frankfurt, 1663, p.51 for a given time of 7:09 AM LAT: March 30, 1519 plus 19:09 = 7:09 of the next day, with an MC of 3 Aquarius 09 and ASC of 3 Gemini. He states that a similar chart is printed in "Collectio Genitutarum" by John Gadbury, 1662.
- Traits : Personality : Ambitious
- Traits : Personality : Bigot (Religious bias)
- Traits : Personality : Persistent
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Jousting wound)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression (Melancholy temperament)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Catherine de Medicis)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (France)