Gaston, Duc D'Orleans
|born on||25 April 1608 (greg.) at 09:28 (= 09:28 AM )|
|Place||Fontainebleau, France, 48n24, 2e42|
|Timezone||LMT m2e42 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||05°21' 12°22 Asc. 20°49'|
French aristocracy, the fifth child and third son of Henry IV and Marie de Medici. Weak and treacherous, he was privy to intrigues and betrayal. With a feline charm, he enjoyed a frivolous life-style, and often went to gay bars in disguise. Indecisive and short tempered, Prince Gaston always made every effort to escape responsibility.
In August 1626, he married Marie de Bourbon-Montpensier; she died giving birth. He married Marguerite de Lorraine in 1632; she had three daughters and a short-lived son.
Gaston died of a stroke on 2/02/1660, age 51.
- parent->child relationship with Françoise Madeleine, Duchess of Savoy (born 13 October 1648 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Jean Gaston, Duke of Valois (born 17 August 1650 (greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Henri IV, King of France (born 14 December 1553 Jul.Cal. (24 Dec 1553 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Medici, Queen Marie de (born 15 April 1573 Jul.Cal. (25 Apr 1573 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Christine Marie of France (born 10 February 1606 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth, Queen Consort of Spain (1602) (born 22 November 1602 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Henriette Marie, Queen of France (born 25 November 1609 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Louis XIII, King of France (born 27 September 1601 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Nicolas Henri, Duke of Orléans (born 16 April 1607 (greg.))
- Relationship : Marriage 1632 (Second wife, Marguerite de Lorraine)
Martin Harvey, Nativitas I, quotes the records of Dr. Jean Heroard (9:30 AM LAT).
Sy Scholfield notes a time of 'between 10 and 11 in the morning' in "Histoire de la Maison Royale de France, et des grands officiers de la Couronne" by Anselme de Sainte-Marie, Ange de Sainte-Rosalie (libr. associés, 1726), p. 147: "Gaston Jean-Baptiste de France, duc d'Orleans . . . naquit au chateau de Fontainebleu le vendredi 25. Avril fete de S. Marc 1608. entre dix & onze heures du matin..."
- Traits : Body : Constitution sensitive (Weak)
- Traits : Personality : Temper (Short tempered)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke (Terminal)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (First wife)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four, three daughters and one son)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Son died)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Extravagant (Frivolous)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (France)