Nicolas Henri, Duke of Orléans
|born on||16 April 1607 (greg.) at 22:30 (= 10:30 PM )|
|Place||Fontainebleau, France, 48n24, 2e42|
|Timezone||LMT m2e42 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||26°23' 24°27 Asc. 07°24'|
French royalty, the second son and fourth child of Henry IV of France and his Italian queen Marie de' Medici.
Nicolas Henri was known as Monsieur d'Orléans or the Prince sans nom (prince without name), as it was customary in the royal house of France to name the children only at the time of their baptism. His youngest brother, Gaston de France, titled at birth as Duke of Anjou as was customary for the third son, was born in 1608. At a very young age, he had been engaged to Marie de Bourbon, Duchess of Montpensier, heiress of the House of Bourbon-Montpensier. Marie was the greatest heiress of the age and was the future mother of la Grande Mademoiselle. Nicolas Henri died at the age of four on 17 November 1611 at the Château de Saint-Germain-en-Laye, as a result of an epileptic attack. The title of Duke of Orléans reverted to the crown and was later given to his younger brother Gaston who outlived him for another four decades. His brother would also marry Marie in 1626.
- child->parent relationship with Henri IV, King of France (born 14 December 1553 Jul.Cal. (24 Dec 1553 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Medici, Queen Marie de (born 15 April 1573 Jul.Cal. (25 Apr 1573 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Christine Marie of France (born 10 February 1606 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth, Queen Consort of Spain (1602) (born 22 November 1602 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Gaston, Duc D'Orleans (born 25 April 1608 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Henriette Marie, Queen of France (born 25 November 1609 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Louis XIII, King of France (born 27 September 1601 (greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Histoire Généalogique Et Chronologique de la Maison Royale de Bourbon, Volume 2" by Nicolas Louis Achaintre (Mansut, 1825), p. 68: "N.... de France, duc d'orleans, ne a Fontainebleau le 16 Avril 1607, entre dix et onze heures du soir." [Abridged translation: "between ten and eleven o'clock at night"].
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs
- Notable : Famous : Royal family