Carlota, Empress of Mexico
|Birthname||Marie Charlotte Amélie Clémentine Léopoldine|
|born on||7 June 1840 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Brussels, Belgium, 50n50, 4e20|
|Timezone||LMT m4e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°17' 16°00 Asc. 01°08'|
Belgian royalty, the daughter of King Leopold I. She married Archduke Maximilian of Austria at 17. Ambitious and restless, she was delighted when her husband was offered the throne of Mexico 5/28/1864. As the Empress of Mexico, she worked enthusiastically with Mexican affairs in spite of various political and social obstacles.
Returning to Europe to seek aid, Carlotta had a total breakdown, going mad on 10/07/1866. Kept in seclusion, she never knew that Maximillian was executed in 1868.
She died 1/19/1927, 7:00 AM in the castle of Boechout at Neise, near Brussels.
- friend relationship with Leopold III, King of Belgium (born 3 November 1901)
- child->parent relationship with Leopold I, King of Belgium (born 16 December 1790)
- spouse relationship with Maximilian, Emperor of Mexico (born 6 July 1832)
- sibling relationship with Leopold II, King of Belgium (born 9 April 1835)
- sibling relationship with Philip, Count of Flanders (born 24 March 1837)
- sibling relationship with von Eppinghoven, Georges-Frédéric (born 14 November 1849). Notes: Half-sibling
- Death of Mate 1868 (Husband executed)
- Death, Cause unspecified 19 January 1927 at 07:00 AM in Brussels, Belgium (Age 86)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Luc de Marre quotes B.C.
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Institutionalized (Kept in seculsion rest of her life)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Nervous Breakdown (Age 26)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Since 1857)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (Husband executed)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 86)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Mad Carlotta)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Belgium)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women