Maximilian, Emperor of Mexico
|Birthname||Ferdinand Maximilian Joseph|
|born on||6 July 1832 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Vienna, Austria, 48n13, 16e20|
|Timezone||LMT m16e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||13°58' 27°38 Asc. 11°24'|
Austrian royalty, the brother of Emperor Francis Joseph of Austria. He was Archduke of Austria and Emperor of Mexico, ruling the country after Napoleon III of France sent him there. When he arrived in Mexico the standing president, Benito Juarez, resisted and Maximilian ordered him shot on sight. Maximilian ruled from 1864 until the end of the U.S. Civil War in 1867. After the conclusion of the war, the U.S. was once again able to enforce the Monroe Doctrine and Napoleon was ordered to withdraw his troops from Mexico. This development prompted Max's wife, Carlotta, to go to Europe to seek aid; she was unsuccessful and went mad.
Maximilian was betrayed by a trusted aide and turned over to his enemies, resulting in his execution. He died by firing squad on 6/19/1867, Queretaro, Mexico.
- child->parent relationship with Franz Karl, Archduke of Austria (born 7 December 1802)
- child->parent relationship with Sophie Friederike, Princess of Bavaria (born 27 January 1805)
- spouse relationship with Carlota, Empress of Mexico (born 7 June 1840)
- sibling relationship with Franz Joseph I, Emperor of Austria (born 18 August 1830)
- sibling relationship with Karl Ludwig, Archduke of Austria (born 30 July 1833)
- sibling relationship with Karolina, Archduchess of Austria (born 27 October 1835)
- sibling relationship with Ludwig Viktor, Archduke of Austria (born 15 May 1842)
Jim Lewis quotes Blackwell, "official records." (Same in Sabian Symbols No.662. )
Sy Scholfield quotes 6:30AM from "Die Kaisergruft bei den Kapuzinern in Wien" by Cölestin Wolfsgruber (Vienna, 1887), p. 330: "Schon am 2. 4. und 4. Juli 1832 wurden in der Hofkapelle zu wien und in der Schlossekapelle zu Schönbrunn täglich von 7 Uhr früh bis 5 Uhr nachmittags ötsentliche Gebete vor dem ausgesetzten Sanctissimum verrichtet. Endlich wurde Freitag den 6. Juli um ½7 Uhr früh die Erzherzogin Sophie durch die Geburt eines Prinzen beglückt."
Translation: At last, on Friday 6 July at '½7' [6:30] o'clock in the morning, Archduchess Sophie was happily delivered of a prince.
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Traumatic event (Wife Carlotta went mad)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Moved To Mexico)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Executed (Firing Squad)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Austria)