Karl Emil, Electoral Prince of Brandenburg
|born on||6 February 1655 Jul.Cal. (16 Feb 1655 greg.) at 10:30 (= 10:30 AM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||LMT m13e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||27°44' 29°50 Asc. 06°20'|
German prince, the heir-apparent to the Electorate of Brandenburg.
He was the second son of Frederick William, Elector of Brandenburg. Born on his father's thirty-fifth birthday after six years of unsuccessful pregnancies for his mother Countess Luise Henriette of Nassau, he was much hoped-for, looked like his father and was raised to be like him - spirited, quick-tempered and always in favour of war and the hunt.
In 1670 he was made colonel of the Regiment Radziwiłł zu Fuß and four years later he and his father headed the Brandenburg force on its incursion into Alsace during the Franco-Dutch War. He died of dysentery on 7 December 1674 in Strasbourg.
- child->parent relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm, Elector of Brandenburg (born 16 February 1620 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Christian Ludwig, Margrave of Brandenburg-Schwedt (born 24 May 1677 (greg.)). Notes: Half-brothers
- sibling relationship with Friedrich I, King of Prussia (born 11 July 1657 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ludwig, Prince of Brandenburg (born 28 June 1666 Jul.Cal. (8 July 1666 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Allgemeine preussische staats-geschichte, samt aller dazu gehörigen königreichs, churfürstenthums, herzogthümer, fürstenthümer, graf- und herrschaften, aus bewährten schriftstellern und urkunden bis auf gegenwärtige regierung, Volumes 5-6" by Karl Friedrich Pauli (C. P. Francken, 1764), p. 374: "Carl Aemil, geboren zu Berlin den 6ten Febr. vor 10 Uhr Vormittags 1655 gestaust den 30ten April (Abel sezt falsch den 5ten Febr.)." [Translation: "Carl Aemil was born in Berlin on the 6th Feb. 1655 at 10 o'clock in the morning, baptised the 30th April (Abel posits the wrong date of 5th February)."
Scholfield also quotes 11am in "Kurze Beschreibung des Clevischen Landes: nebst angehängter Genealogie der Grafen und Herzogen desselben" by Egbert Hopp (Röder, 1781), p. 226: "Karl Aemilius, geboren 1655 den 6 Febr. ungefähr um elf Uhr Vormittag." Translation: Karl Aemilius was born in 1655 on 6 February about eleven o'clock in the morning."
Astro-Databank:Handbook chapter 11 states that the Protestant States of Germany did not change to the Gregorian calendar until 1700, February 19 / March 1. Wikipedia has 16 February 1655 which is presumably NS.
Times of 10am and 11am are quoted so 10:30am is used.
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Aged 19)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern)