George II, King of England
|born on||30 October 1683 Jul.Cal. (9 Nov 1683 greg.)|
|Place||Hanover, Germany, 52n24, 9e44|
|Timezone||LMT m9e44 (is local mean time)|
British royalty, the son of George I, whom he succeeded on 11 June 1727 [OS], being crowned on 11 October 1727 [OS]. George was the last British monarch born outside Great Britain: he was born and brought up in northern Germany.
Though stubborn and rather stupid, his bravery and military ambition gained him popularity. His triumphs, especially during the Seven Year's War (1756-1763) laid the foundation of increase of the Empire.
George II died on 25 October 1760, in London, between 7 and 8 o'clock in the morning.
- parent->child relationship with Frederick, Prince of Wales (born 31 January 1707 Jul.Cal. (11 Feb 1707 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with George William, Prince of Great Britain (born 13 November 1717)
- parent->child relationship with Louise, Queen Consort of Denmark (born 18 December 1724)
- parent->child relationship with Mary, Princess of Great Britain (born 5 March 1723)
- parent->child relationship with William, Duke of Cumberland (born 26 April 1721)
- child->parent relationship with George I, King of England (born 28 May 1660 Jul.Cal. (7 June 1660 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Caroline, Queen Consort of Great Britain (born 1 March 1683 Jul.Cal. (11 Mar 1683 greg.))
- other kin relationship with George III, King of England (born 4 June 1738). Notes: Grandkin
- Work : Gain social status 11 June 1727 Jul.Cal. (22 June 1727 greg.) (Crowned King of England)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Dana Holliday quotes Eric R. Delderfield, "Kings and Queens of England," Weathervane Books, NY 1978 for the date of 31 October 1683, time unknown. Same date from Modern Astrology 1/1933 "according to a London magazine in 1752." However, this date seems to be an anomaly or typo because other reference books and biographies have a birthdate of 30 October 1683 OS.
Starkman rectified to 30 October 1683 OS 22.13.28 LMT Asc 13Leo13'
(Penfield Collection speculates 5:30 PM. In "Stars Over England" Penfield writes "George II was born in Hanover, Germany on October 30, 1683 O.S. (November 9, 1683 N.S.) at 11:10 p.m. LAT (10:54 p.m. LMT) according to my rectification ... Martin Harvey couldn't obtain a birth time as it was not mentioned on his birth registration").
Sy Scholfield quotes death data from "An Account of Various Particulars Relative to the Demise of the Crown" (S. Richardson and C. Lintot, 1760), p. 14: "On Saturday, October 25th 1760, between the Hours of seven and eight o'Clock in the Morning, His Majesty King George the Second, died at Kingsington, in the Seventy-seventh Year of his Age (being born the 10th Day of November 1683.)..."
- Traits : Personality : Courageous (Military bravery)
- Traits : Personality : Incompetent (Not too bright)
- Traits : Personality : Stubborn/ Steadfast
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (England)