Astor, John Jacob VI
|born on||14 August 1912 at 08:15 (= 08:15 AM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°21' 15°38 Asc. 27°53'|
American great-great grandson of John J. Astor, the fur merchant; fifth in line for the fabulous family fortune and a playboy in his own day. His parents were on the Titanic when it sank 4/15/1912. His dad drowned but his mom, who was five months pregnant with him, survived. In the years that followed, his mom, who twice remarried and died in 1940, seldom spoke of the tragedy.
Astor didn't work most of his life; he married three times, divorced twice and had two children. He died June 26, 1992 in New York of unspecified causes. He was 79.
- parent->child relationship with Astor, William Backhouse III (born 19 July 1935)
- child->parent relationship with Astor, John Jacob IV (born 13 July 1864)
- sibling relationship with Astor, William Vincent (born 15 November 1891). Notes: Half-brothers
- other kin relationship with Astor, John Jacob (born 17 July 1763). Notes: 'Great-great grand-son'
Modern Astrology 10/1912, data printed in full in Lloyd's News; In October 2007, PT downgraded this entry from A to DD, noting per Jim Gorham, that many online sources including Titanica.org and Find-a-Grave give his birth date as August 14, 1912. His NY Times obituary did not give a date of birth, simply "August 1912."
On 27 November 2013, Sy Scholfield changed the date to 14 August and returned the rating to A, quoting news report: "SON FOR MRS. ASTOR; NAMED FOR FATHER; Both Mother and Baby Said to be Very Well, the Child Strong and Well Formed," New York Times, 15 August 1912, p. 9: "Mrs Madeleine Force Astor, survivor of the Titanic disaster, in which her husband, Col. John Jacob Astor, lost his life last April, gave birth to a son at 8:15 o'clock yesterday morning at the Astor home, 840 Fifth Avenue."
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Astor family)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Inheritance
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Friends (Playboy)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Party animal