Astor, John Jacob
|born on||17 July 1763|
|Place||Walldorf, Germany, 50n36, 10e23|
|Timezone||LMT m10e23 (is local mean time)|
German-American fur trader and financier who founded the Astor fortune. He came to New York at age 20, entered the fur trade in 1787 and eventually won a monopoly of U.S. trade. He invested his money in Manhattan farm land that later became New York City. Astor's estate was valued at $20 million when he died on 3/29/1848, New York.
- other kin relationship with Astor, John Jacob IV (born 13 July 1864). Notes: Great grand-son
- other kin relationship with Astor, John Jacob VI (born 14 August 1912). Notes: Great-great grandson
- other kin relationship with Astor, William Vincent (born 15 November 1891). Notes: Great-great grandson
- Work : New Job 1787 (Entered the fur trade)
Birth time unknown. Penfield speculated for 17.00 LMT. Old file has 00:30 AM LMT.
Starkman rectified to 17.51.08 LMT.
- Lifestyle : Financial : Invest/ Property (Manhattan farm land)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Founded Astor fortune)
- Vocation : Business : Economist
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur (Furrier)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book