|Birthname||Charlotte Rae Lubotsky|
|born on||22 April 1926 at 18:30 (= 6:30 PM )|
|Place||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 43n02, 87w54|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°07' 05°12 Asc. 00°49'|
American actress in films, stage and TV whose work spans comedy, drama, crime melodrama, musicals, sports and political satire. From her earliest work, she thrived on character roles of women who were older than she. She is known for the TV soap "From These Roots," 1961.
In 1978, Rae was cast as flibbertigibbet housekeeper Mrs. Garrett on the Gary Coleman series "Diff'rent Strokes;" the character struck such a responsive chord with audiences that she was spun off into her own starring sitcom "The Facts of Life," 1979. She retained the role until 1986, by which time she had been nominated for two Emmys.
Her work has included many TV parts in shows which include "All in the Family." 1971, "Barney Miller," 1975, "St. Elsewhere," 1982 and "Murder, She Wrote," 1984.
Rae has provided voiceover for such animated offerings as "Tom and Jerry: The Movie," 1993 and TV's "Itsy Bitsy Spider." An off-and-on nightclub and revue performer, Charlotte Rae took her one-woman "Broadway Highlights" show on the road in 1994.
- associate relationship with Whelchel, Lisa (born 29 May 1963). Notes: co-stars on "The Facts of Life"
- business associate/partner relationship with Bain, Conrad (born 4 February 1923). Notes: Co-stars on "Diff'rent Strokes"
- business associate/partner relationship with Bridges, Todd (born 27 May 1965). Notes: Co-stars on "Diff'rent Strokes"
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1961 (TV soap started)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 3 November 1978 ("Diff'rent Strokes" TV series debut broadcast)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 24 August 1979 ("The Facts of Life" TV series debut broadcast)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1993 (Voice-over for movie)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1994 (Began comedy tour)
Stephen Przybylowski quotes B.C. (Same in Gauquelin Book of American Charts)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV strongest medium, extremely versatile)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (From These Roots)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over (Cartoon movies)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women