|born on||19 October 1895 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Flushing NY, USA, 40n45, 73w49|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°52' 12°50 Asc. 04°38'|
American writer and critic whose diverse interests included history, religion, sociology, architecture and the fine arts. His works included "The Story Of Utopia," 1922 "Technics and Civilization," 1934, "The South In Architecture," 1941 "The Condition Of Man," 1944 and the magnum opus of his literary career, "The City In History," 1961. Throughout his life he wrote more than 30 books and for decades, quantities of magazine articles.
A city planner and historian, he decried the dehumanizing effect of modern machines, urban development and impersonal organizations. He attended Columbia and Stanford University but never completed his college degree. He served time in the U.S. Navy 1918-1919, was a lecturer from 1925, and a University Professor from 1942. In his leisure time, he enjoying gardening and sketching.
In 1921, he married; two kids. Mumford died on 1/27/1990, Amenia, NY.
- Death, Cause unspecified 27 January 1990 (Age 94)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1922 (Book released)
- Social : Joined group 1918 (U.S. Navy, two years)
- Work : New Career 1942 (Professor)
- Relationship : Marriage 1921
Aaron Fischer quotes Mumford's "Sketches From Life," Beacon, 1982, NY
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Squash)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (CEO)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Product Marketing (Cable TV and cellular phone)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (University Professor)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (U.S. Navy)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Over 30 books)
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker (Lecturer)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 94)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Sketching, gardening)
- Vocation : Writers : Magazine/ newsletter (Magazine articles)