Meher Baba, Sri
|Birthname||Irani, Merwan Sheheriarji|
|born on||25 February 1894 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Poona, India, 18n32, 73e52|
|Timezone||LST m80e15 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°23' 07°52 Asc. 04°25'|
Indian religious figure who was known as "The Silent Guru." He was first called to his spiritual life in May 1913 by the kiss of a mystic Tara. He moved into silence on 7/10/1925 and for 13 years he did not speak. To communicate, he spelled on the alphabet board words with quick fingers such words as "I am the Supreme Spirit." He died on 1/30/1969.
- Misc. : Mystical Experience 1913 (Called to spiritual life)
- Social : Begin a program of study 10 July 1925 (Begin 13-year period of silence)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Bob Mulligan quotes his family and his disciples, obtained when Mulligan visited India in 1976: February 25, 1894, 5:00 AM Madras time. (Minus 5 hrs 21 min = February 24, 23:39 GMT)
(Sabian Symbols No.667 has the same date and time but for Bombay, India. Same from Rudhyar in AA 3/1938 and from Ralph Kraum in "Best of the NAJ 1979.")
- Traits : Body : Voice/Speech (Silent for 13 years)
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ eastern
- Vocation : Religion : Spiritual Leader/ Guru
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book