|Birthname||McGuire, Phyllis Jean|
|born on||14 February 1931 at 08:25 (= 08:25 AM )|
|Place||Middletown OH, USA, 39n30, 84w23|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°54' 21°59 Asc. 13°59'|
American group singer with sisters Dotty and Chris who performed in nightclubs during the '50s and '60s. After a split of 17 years, the sisters once more reached their fans in the '80s, with Chris at 57, Dorothy, 56 and Phyllis 54. Their last performance had been on "The Ed Sullivan Show" in 1968. Singing together from the time they were kids. Dorothy and Chris left to raise their families and Phyllis worked on a solo career.
Phyllis, the biggest talker of the three, was married for two years in the '50s but it was the man she did not marry who caused the most uproar. For most of her adult life her beau was Mafia chief Sam Giancana. They met in 1960 in Las Vegas and they remained close until his bloody gangland murder in 1975.
Her Upper East Side townhouse in New York is elegant, and closet space is important to one who owns 50 fur coats and the same cook for 21 years is valuable to one who can't boil water. The extravagance does not compare to her spread in Vegas. The house is 26,000 sq. ft and a full-time staff of 19. Swans float in the moat and there is a 45 ft. replica of the Eiffel Tower in the living room.
The girls were given a strict upbringing by a steelworker dad and a mom who was a minister. Still it was a loving environment, with everyone playing music and singing. With four-year-old baby Phyllis at the center, they sang at local events and functions. They were discovered at church and persuaded to go to New York after high school. They promptly won an "Arthur Godfrey Talent Contest." Stardom came quickly for the fresh-faced and sweet girls, with one pop hit after another. They graced the covers of Life and Look and became regular headliners in Las Vegas. In their heyday, they were bringing in $1 million a year apiece.
- sibling relationship with McGuire, Dotty (born 13 February 1928)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1968 (Last performance)
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1960 (Began relationship with Sam Giancana)
- Death of Significant person 1975 (Sam murdered)
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher and Frank C. Clifford.
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Lover, mobster Sam Giancana)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Performed in nightclubs with two sisters)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Talent show award)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Third of three girls)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (One short term marriage)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, short)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Lover, 15 years)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Sang with two sisters)
- Lifestyle : Home : Neighborhood (Large home Las Vegas, townhouse in N.Y.)