|Birthname||Jeanne Marie Lanvin|
|born on||1 January 1867 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||10°11' 15°53 Asc. 18°20'|
French fashion designer and the founder of the Lanvin fashion house.
One of the most influential designers of the 1920s and '30s, Jeanne Lanvin's skillful use of intricate trimmings, virtuoso embroideries and beaded decorations in clear, light, floral colors became a Lanvin trademark. When Lanvin died in 1946, ownership of the firm was naturally ceded to the designer's daughter, Marguerite di Pietro.
The most significant expansion of house Lanvin was the creation of Lanvin Parfums SA in 1924 and the introduction of her signature, fragrance Arpège, in 1927, inspired by the sound of her daughter Marguerite's practicing her scales on the piano (Arpège is French for arpeggio).
- other kin relationship with Lanvin, Yves (born 11 October 1901). Notes: nephew
- Relationship : Marriage 1895 (to Count Emilio di Pietro)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1924 (expansion to perfumes Lanvin)
- Social : Great Publicity 1926 (Knighted Légion d'honneur)
- Social : Great Publicity 1938 (Officer Légion d'honneur)
Birth certificate in Didier Geslain archive, 'Artisanat d'art (religion3)' pdf file, p. 144.
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur