Haakon VII, King of Norway
|Birthname||Christian Frederik Carl Georg Valdemar Axel|
|born on||3 August 1872 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Copenhagen, Denmark, 55n40, 12e35|
|Timezone||LMT m12e35 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°30' 03°03 Asc. 08°31'|
Danish royalty, the son of Frederik VIII of Denmark, King of Norway from 1905. Haakon was appointed king by the parliament after the dissolution of the Swedish-Norwegian union. With his constitutional attitude and sense of propriety, he strengthened the monarchy's position in Norway. In 1928, during a worker’s crisis, his conduct assured him the support of labor. In disagreement with the retiring prime minister and the president of the Norwegian parliament, he was supportive of the leader of "Arbeiderpariet" (the Labor Party) to create a new government
Haakon was considered a national symbol by his straight attitude when the Germans occupied Norway in 1940. Exiled along with his parliament, he continued his rule from Great Britain. After five years in exile, he returned to Norway in 1945. His ties to Britain were reinforced by his marriage to his cousin, the British Princess Maud on 7/22/1896.
The autumn of 1955, Haakon celebrated 50 years as monarch. Not long after, he had an accident which resulted in a broken leg. After being sick for a long period, he died on 9/21/1957, Oslo, Norway.
- parent->child relationship with Olav V, King of Norway (born 2 July 1903)
- child->parent relationship with Frederik VIII, King of Denmark (born 3 June 1843)
- child->parent relationship with Louise of Sweden, Queen of Denmark (born 31 October 1851)
- spouse relationship with Maud of Wales (born 26 November 1869)
- sibling relationship with Christian X, King of Denmark (born 26 September 1870)
- sibling relationship with Harald, Prince of Denmark (born 8 October 1876)
- sibling relationship with Louise, Princess of Denmark (born 17 February 1875)
- Work : Gain social status 1905 (Assumed the throne)
- Death by Disease 21 September 1957 at 12:00 noon in Oslo, Norway (Illness, age 85)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
On 11 August 2014 Sy Scholfield changed the rating to A, quoting a news report: "France (By Telegraph)," The Times, 5 August 1872, p. 3: "Copenhagen Aug 3. The Crown Princess Louise was safely delivered of a Prince at 4 o'clock this afternoon."
Previously this data was rated C (Orig source not known) citing Modern Astrology 7/1910 and 5/1937; also Sabian Symbols No.416.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Broke leg)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Princess Maud)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 85)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Denmark)