|born on||5 September 1950 at 13:03 (= 1:03 PM )|
|Place||Dayton OH, USA, 39n45, 84w11|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°36' 25°32 Asc. 04°13'|
American comic writer of the syndicated cartoon strip "Cathy," published in more than 500 papers. Her work spun off into 12 books by 1990, greeting cards and other products. Her script is based on a humorous view of her own life as a young single working women dealing with shopping, weight, dates and family. She launched the cartoon in 1976 after working as an advertising copywriter. In 1987, she won an Emmy for a "Cathy" special on TV.
As a graduate of the University of Michigan, she was 50 lbs overweight, which she trimmed down to 100 lbs.
Very pretty and 5'2", age 42 and single, she adopted a baby girl. A workaholic perfectionist, she softened with the addition of Ivy. In 1996 she met screenwriter Christopher Wilkinson, 45, and they married Nov. 1997, Los Angeles. Wilkinson has an 18-month-old son and with Guisewite's five-year-old daughter, they are creating a family.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1976 (Released her debut of "Cathy")
- Work : Prize 1987 (Emmy for TV special of "Cathy")
Karen Christino quotes her in AA 10/1990, time from her mom
- Traits : Personality : Hard worker
- Traits : Personality : Perfectionist
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Married at age 47)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Adopted daughter, step son)
- Vocation : Art : Cartoonist
- Vocation : Writers : Humor (Syndicated cartoon strip)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Creativity (Pro cartoonist)
- Notable : Awards : Emmy
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women