|born on||23 October 1915 at 21:15 (= 9:15 PM )|
|Place||Comiso, Italy, 36n56, 14e36|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||29°20' 08°47 Asc. 07°39'|
Italian major contemporary artist and painter. After schooling at the Institute of Art in Urbino, 1932, Fiume moved to Milan intending to make a name for himself as a painter. He has exhibited in various one-man and group shows in many parts of the world including Milan, Florence, Turin, Paris, London, New York, San Francisco, Moscow and Bonn. For years, starting in 1950, he painted murals for the Time and Life building in N.Y., the transatlantic Michelangelo in 1967 and a big mosaic which decorates the apse of the new basilica Annunciazione di Nazareth. From there his scenarios began appearing in the famed theatres of La Scala, Covent Garden, Opera House of Rome, Teatro Massimo and others. His works are in public and private collections in the U.S. and Europe as well as Holland, Yugoslavia, Japan, Iran and Israel.
Fiume has published an illustrations book as well as a publication of poetry with 15 of his original drawings.
In 1988, he was showered with awards; an honorary degree from the University of Palermo, the Watermann Forum Award and the Ambrogino d’Oro Award. He suffered a fatal heart attack on June 3, 1997 in Milan, age 81.
- Family : Change residence 1932 (Moved to Milan)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1950 (Painted murals, Time/Live building)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1967 (Transatlantic Michelangelo)
- Work : Prize 1988 (Three awards)
Bordoni quotes B.C. Vol. 3
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection
- Vocation : Writers : Poet (Published a book of poems)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Book of illustrations)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work alone/ Singular role
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Contemporary painter, murals, mosaics)
- Vocation : Art : Stage/ Set design (Scenarios)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Many)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs