|born on||13 May 1882 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Argenteuil, France, 48n57, 2e15|
|Timezone||LMT m2e15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||22°56' 07°37 Asc. 10°26'|
French painter, the founder of Cubism who is considered one of the creators of modern art along with Picasso. The two great pioneers had an intense partnership from 1907 to 1914. Braque excelled in the design of state scenery and book illustrations, lithography and stained glass work, as well as outstanding sculpture. He was the first living artist to exhibit at the Louvre.
He creates slowly with a profound and practical craftsmanship in his work. One feels this in his love of building things himself, of mixing and studying his materials as a housepainter does. He divides his studio into separate areas, like dramatic stage settings, an area for engraving, for drawing and watercolor, for relaxation, and, the largest, for painting. His studio in Paris was build for him by the great modern architect Auguste Perret; in the countryside of Normandy he has an immense room with a high ceiling, shut off from the outside world. His country home, separated by some 50 yards from his studio, was built in 1931 in the low and traditional style of a Norman peasant hut. Flowers, music and color are everywhere. He and his wife of more than 50 years, Marcelle Lapre, live the exciting struggle of 20th century art.
Serving in the French Army during WW I, he was wounded and twice cited for bravery.
Braque died on 31 August 1963, 11:10 AM, Paris.
- friend relationship with Einstein, Carl (born 26 April 1885)
- friend relationship with Laurencin, Marie (born 31 October 1883)
- friend relationship with Sert, Josep Lluís (born 7 May 1901)
- (has as) teacher relationship with Bonnat, Léon (born 20 June 1833)
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Over 50 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, lasting)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist (Book illustrations)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Cubist)
- Vocation : Military : Honors (Twice cited for bravery)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (French Army)
- Vocation : Military : Wounded (WW I)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Creativity
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Founder of Cubism)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection