In the past, the most common form of astrology. Predictive astrology tries to forecast events and trends on the basis of observable changes in the positions of planets and sensitive points over time.
Many modern psychological astrologers reject (at least in theory) the detailed prediction of events as a form of fortune-telling and determinism. Instead they highlight developing themes and trends in people's lives in more general ways, so that individuals can make the best of upcoming situations by finding creative and constructive solutions.
Among the most common Predictive Methods are:
- Predictive Astrology (Part One) (Celeste Teal, 1997-99)
- Celeste Teal: Predicting Events With Astrology 360 pages. Llewellyn Publications; Revised, expanded edition 2009 ISBN-10: 0738715530 ISBN-13: 978-0738715537
- Juan Estadella: Predictive Astrology, 2011/ 2015/ 3rd edition 2019, 332 pages. Download PDF
- Based on the Topocentric House System
Notes and References
- From 1608. He made a second one some years later