Anne has a long background in adult education, generic and psychiatric social work, and private practice: as a counsellor, counselling supervisor and mentor. She holds an M.A. degree, and postgraduate Diplomas in Education and Social Work.
She has worked as an astrologer, teacher, and writer since 1983, obtaining her Certificate from the Faculty of Astrological Studies, London) that year. From 1995-1998 she studied at the Centre for Psychological Astrology in London to complete a three-year Diploma in Psychological Astrology with Liz Greene and the late Charles Harvey.
Anne's articles and essays have appeared in a wide range of newspapers, magazines and journals over the years including Kindred Spirit magazine (UK), The Glasgow Herald, and Apollon. She writes for the UK’s Astrological Journal, where she has had her bi-monthly column, Not the Astrology Column since 2015. She also wrote a bi-monthly column for Infinity Astrological Magazine called Some thoughts on... until 2019, and a bi-monthly column for Dell Horoscope Magazine, The Astro-View from Scotland from 2017 until Dell’s final issue in March/April 2020. Her articles have appeared in The Mountain Astrologer since the 1990s, some of her most recent contributions being Dreaming Frankenstein: The making of a modern myth (April/ May 2016), The Saturn Cycles: forging the ‘diamond soul’ (December/ January 2017), Secondary Progressions: Stepping into the Mystery (April/May 2019), Uranus through Aries and Emily’s inspiring story (February/March 2020) and Waning and Waxing Crescents: Windows to the Future The Jupiter-Saturn Cycles (December 2020/January 2021).
- Writing from the Twelfth House Anne's main astrology website since 2019. (It also features an extensive archive [see foot of all pages] including both astrology articles and a wide range of non-astrological topics centred on questions of ‘…mystery, meaning, pattern and purpose…’ from 2008 - 2019.)
- Astrology: Questions and Answers (Anne’s other blog; contains a very varied archive of other astrology articles from 2013 - 2019)
- Contemplating the 12th house (Whitaker in TMA, Aug./ Sept. 2014; PDF)
- Astro-databank: Whitaker, Anne
- Centre for Psychological Astrology
- An Astrologer's Job Description (Whitaker, 2019/2022)
- The Moon’s Nodes in Action, 1998. E-Book available at www.astrologyquestionsandanswers.com (2015) Available at astro.com
- Jupiter Meets Uranus – from Erotic Bathing to Star Gazing. American Federation of Astrologers, 2009 (USA). online (Google Books, 2016) E-Book available at www.astrologyquestionsandanswers.com Excerpt on astro.com
- Rumbold Raven’s Magic Menagerie, 2015 (children’s illustrated poetry book) E-Book
- Wisps from the Dazzling Darkness, 2015 (Account and analysis of paranormal experience) E-Book
- Postcards to the Future: Mercurial Musings 1995-2021 (her acclaimed recent collection of 60 essays, columns articles and research published in a wide variety of astrological publications since 1995) Books by Anne Whitaker
Notes and Sources
- Photo taken in June 2020
- Coordinates: 58n12, 6w23; Timezone GDT (is daylight saving time). Rodden Rating AA
- In Memoriam Charles Harvey (by Liz Greene, 2000)
- Cosmic Synergy. Cycles of the Sun and Moon (Kindred Spirit issue 52, Autumn 2000; PDF)
- The Glasgow Herald (20-august-1996; PDF)
- Astrological Journal
- Infinity Astrological Magazine
- Ask an astrologer a question….. (2013)