|Birthname||Anthony Florian Zaleski|
|born on||29 May 1913 at 18:40 (= 6:40 PM )|
|Place||Gary, Indiana, 41n36, 87w21|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°00' 00°02 Asc. 02°10'|
American world champion middleweight boxer, born and raised in Gary, Indiana, a steel town, which gave him his nickname, "Man of Steel." In addition, he had the reputation of being able to take fearsome punishment and still rally to win, reinforcing that nickname. Zale, who held the World Middleweight title multiple times (1941–1947, 1948), was known as a crafty boxer and strong body puncher who punished his opponents and steadily wore them down before knocking them out.
Zale is best remembered for his three bouts over a 21-month period (1946-1948) with Rocky Graziano for the middleweight crown. These three bouts were among the most brutal and exciting middleweight championship matches of all time.
Tony Zale died on 20 March 1997, aged 83.
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Abrams, Georgie (born 11 November 1918)
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Cerdan, Marcel (born 22 July 1916). Notes: Boxing opponent
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate from Indiana archives.
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 5 ft 7 1⁄2 in/ 1.71 m)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 83)
- Vocation : Sports : Boxing (Middleweight)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (World Boxing Hall of Fame)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (World Middleweight)