|Birthname||David Lewis Yewdall|
|born on||30 October 1950 at 20:23 (= 8:23 PM )|
|Place||Springfield, Missouri, 37n13, 93w18|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°06' 04°08 Asc. 00°28'|
American production sound mixer who worked with Roger Corman on Battle Beyond the Stars (1980) and as the co-supervising sound editor on Talvisota (1989). He published a book about the profession in 2007, Practical Art of Motion Picture Sound, which was called a "must-read for all students of film."
In 1988 Yewdall was nominated for an Emmy Award for "Outstanding Sound Editing for a Miniseries or a Special" for his work on The Taking of Flight 847: The Uli Derickson Story.
In 1996, he became a member of the board of NightPro Technologies Inc (NTI), a sound production company from Provo, Utah. He taught editing and sound at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts until June 2016. Yewdall died on 4 July 2017 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina from pancreatic cancer, aged 66.
- associate relationship with Corman, Roger (born 5 April 1926)
Sy Scholfield quotes birth news, Springfield Leader and Press (Springfield, Missouri), 3 November 1950, page 17, born at Burge hospital.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Pancreatic)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Pancreatic cancer)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Production jobs (Sound mixer)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction