|Birthname||Rodolphe Paul Marie Hugo Wytsman|
|born on||11 March 1860 at 01:30 (= 01:30 AM )|
|Place||Dendermonde, Belgium, 51n02, 4e07|
|Timezone||LMT m4e07 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||20°43' 09°29 Asc. 12°25'|
Belgian Impressionist painter, among the main representatives of the Luminist genre in neo-Impressionism, who was one of the founding members in 1883 of Les XX, a group of avant-garde Belgian artists.
He trained at the Académie Royale des Beaux-Arts in Brussels, under Jean Portaels, Joseph Stallaert and Joseph van Severdonck.
He married the painter Juliette Trullemans on 16 February 1886. It was an ideal pairing: both painted sunlit landscapes and tableaux with plants and shrubs that were very popular. The two artists' careers melded harmoniously, and the proceeds allowed them to take many trips. In addition to their Brussels domiciles, they had a country house in La Hulpe, southeast of Brussels in central Belgium. They developed close friendships with the writer Camille Lemonnier, the sculptor and painter Charles Verstappen, and the Luminist painter Emile Claus.
Juliette Wytsman-Trullemans died at home on 8 March 1925, aged 59. Rodolphe survived her by two years; he died in Linkebeek on 2 November 1927, aged 67.
- associate relationship with Ensor, James (born 13 April 1860). Notes: Cofounders of "Les XX"
- associate relationship with Khnopff, Fernand (born 12 September 1858). Notes: Cofounders of "Les XX"
- associate relationship with Rysselberghe, Théo van (born 23 November 1862). Notes: Cofounders of "Les XX"
- friend relationship with Claus, Emile (born 27 September 1849)
- (has as) teacher relationship with Portaels, Jean-Francois (born 30 April 1818)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate (acte n° 53).
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (39 years)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)