|Birthname||Theodor Heinrich Wilhelm Wulff|
|born on||27 March 1893 at 08:15 (= 08:15 AM )|
|Place||Hamburg, Germany, 53n33, 9e59|
|Timezone||LMT m9e59 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||06°52' 07°37 Asc. 14°12'|
German sculptor and professional astrologer whose 1968 book on astrology, Tierkreis und Hakenkreuz, was published in English in 1973 under the title Zodiac and Swastika: How Astrology Guided Hitler's Germany.
In his youth Wulff attended art school, and the study of works by da Vinci, Kepler, Tycho Brahe and Goethe led him in the year 1912 towards astrology, which he made his profession in the early 1920s, with great success. He became a member of the Svastika-Zirkel (Swastika Circle) in Berlin, a group of occultists with an ideology of Aryan superiority. From around 1925, Wulff and other group members wrote for the racist journal Zeitschrift für Menschenkenntnis und Menschenschicksal.
Wulff was a leading astrologer in the 1920s and 1930s, and member of the group around Hubert Korsch, Astrologische Zentralstelle. He was arrested by the Gestapo in their general roundup of astrologers on 9 June 1941, after the flight of Rudolf Hess to England. From the Fuhlsbüttel concentration camp he was released after a few months, and later forced to work in a specialist group for General Schellenberg, Nebe and SS head Himmler. He is said to have made some accurate predictions, among them one of great danger for Hitler on 20 July 1944, and that Hitler would die mysteriously before 7 May 1945.
After the war, Wulff was one of the founding members of the German Astrological Association, DAV, which is the leading organisation in Germany today. In 1968, he published the book Tierkreis und Hakenkreuz. Als Astrologe an Himmlers Hof. It appeared in English in 1973 under the title Zodiac and Swastika: How Astrology Guided Hitler's Germany.
Wulff was married, with one daughter and one son. He died in Hamburg on 8 June 1984, aged 91.
(Quoted mostly from Claudia von Schierstedt: Wilhelm Wulff, Himmler's Astrologer, http://www.hermes-astrologie.de/wulff.htm, translation by ATR).
- associate relationship with Issberner-Haldane, Ernst (born 11 June 1886). Notes: "Svastika-Zirkel" members
- associate relationship with Korsch, Hubert (born 13 June 1883). Notes: "Astrologische Zentralstelle" members
- Social : Institutionalized - prison, hospital 9 June 1941 (Arrested and sent to concentration camp Fuhlsbüttel near Hamburg)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1968 ("Tierkreis und Hakenkreuz")
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Hamburg Archives. Death data in margin.
Previously this entry had same data but with 8:06 AM (rated C, original source not known). Tony Bonin wrote in the German Astrologix forum on 7 May 2006: "* am 27. März 1893 um 08h LMT in Hamburg. Diese Daten habe ich in meinem Archiv (AS -0°- NE/PL) ohne Quellenangabe. Claudia von Schierstedt verweist auf eine Ausgabe der "Astrologischen Rundschau" mit einer Daten-Liste von 100 Astrologen. Dort wird eine Geburtszeit von 08h06m a..m. genannt."
The time 8 am is also quoted by James Holden, but with the date: 28? March 1893 (written like that, with the ?), quoting Ellic Howe.
- Traits : Personality : Bigot (Racist)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Concentration camp (Fuhlsbüttel)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 91)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Sculptor)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (German Astrological Association, DAV)