|Birthname||Marion Joan Boa|
|born on||15 August 1928 at 14:30 (= 2:30 PM )|
|Place||London, Ontario (CAN), 42n59, 81w14|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°41' 25°41 Asc. 05°50'|
Canadian mythopoetic author, poet, Jungian analyst, and women's movement figure. She was a renowned speaker and author of several books, also being an expert on eating disorders. Among her TV programs, she did a series on public TV with Robert Bligh.
Her books have sold well over 200,000 copies worldwide, including "Addiction to Perfection" (1982), "The Pregnant Virgin" (1985), and "The Ravaged Bridegroom" (1990).
The daughter of a minister with two younger brothers, Woodman completed her education to become a teacher. In December 1958, she married Professor Ross Woodman; no kids.
Beginning her inward journey, Woodman began reading Jung. She traveled to India and to Zurich to study, and became a practicing Jungian analyst in 1979. She is regarded internationally as an expert on the spiritual causes of addictions, well respected as a feminist insofar as her search concentrates on women escaping traps of patriarchal culture. Her intensive workshops are well attended.
Woodman died on 9 July 2018 at the age of 89.
- Work : New Career 1979 (Began a practicing Jungian)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1982 (First of three books, "Addiction to Perfection")
John McKay-Clements quotes her by phone 1995; same from her to Linda Clark
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First of three, two brothers)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Since 1958)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 89)
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker (Renowned lecturer)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Initially)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Alternative methods (Jungian analyst)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women