Woodin, W. Hugh
|Birthname||William Hugh Woodin|
|born on||23 April 1955 at 06:59 (= 06:59 AM )|
|Place||Tucson, Arizona, 32n13, 110w56|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°39' 17°13 Asc. 24°28'|
American mathematician and set theorist at Harvard University who has made many notable contributions to the theory of inner models and determinacy. A type of large cardinal, the Woodin cardinal, bears his name.
Sy Scholfield provided copy of birth notice, Arizona Daily Star (Tucson, Arizona), 24 April 1955, page 37.
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (PhD in mathematics)
- Vocation : Education : Administrator
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Science : Mathematics/ Statistics
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Woodin cardinal")