Wilhelm V, Duke of Bavaria
|born on||29 September 1548 Jul.Cal. (9 Oct 1548 greg.) at 12:30 (= 12:30 PM )|
|Place||Landshut, Germany, 48n33, 12e09|
|Timezone||LMT m12e09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°00' 17°56 Asc. 26°19'|
German nobility, his name Anglicised as William V, Duke of Bavaria, called the Pious, (German: Wilhelm V., der Fromme, Herzog von Bayern). He was Duke of Bavaria from 1579 to 1597. Wilhelm married Renata of Lorraine (1544–1602) in Munich on 22 February 1568. They had 10 children, three of whom died in infancy or childhood. Wilhelm V died on 7 February 1626.
- parent->child relationship with Albrecht VI, Duke of Bavaria (born 18 April 1584 Jul.Cal. (28 Apr 1584 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Ferdinand of Bavaria, Archbishop of Cologne (born 6 October 1577 Jul.Cal. (16 Oct 1577 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Magdalene, Duchess of Bavaria (born 4 July 1587 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Maria Anna, Archduchess of Austria (1574) (born 8 December 1574 Jul.Cal. (18 Dec 1574 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Maximilian I, Elector of Bavaria (born 17 April 1573 Jul.Cal. (27 Apr 1573 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Philipp Wilhelm, Duke of Bavaria (born 22 September 1576 Jul.Cal. (2 Oct 1576 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ernst of Bavaria, Elector of Cologne (born 17 December 1554 Jul.Cal. (27 Dec 1554 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ferdinand, Duke of Bavaria (born 20 January 1550 Jul.Cal. (30 Jan 1550 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maria Anna of Bavaria, Archduchess Consort of Aust (born 21 March 1551 Jul.Cal. (31 Mar 1551 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maximiliana Maria, Princess of Bavaria (born 3 July 1552 Jul.Cal. (13 July 1552 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Kurzgefaßte Geschichte der Herzoge von Bayern von Herzog Otto dem Großen von Wittelsbach an bis auf gegenwärtige Zeiten: Mit nöthigen Beylagen" by Joseph Anton Aettenkhover (Montag, 1767), p. 98: "Wilhelmus V. Pius, Alberti V. Magnanimi Sohn, wurde zu landshut am St michaelis Tage den 29. Sept. 1548. Mittags zwischen 12. und 1. Uhr geboren..."
Translation: born between 12 and 1 o'clock midday.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wittelsbach)