Wilhelm II, King of Württemberg
|Birthname||Wilhelm Karl Paul Heinrich Friedrich|
|born on||25 February 1848 at 19:00 (= 7:00 PM )|
|Place||Stuttgart, Germany, 48n46, 9e11|
|Timezone||LMT m9e11 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||06°20' 18°54 Asc. 22°32'|
German monarch and field marshal who reigned as the last King of Württemberg from 6 October 1891 until the abolition of the kingdom on 30 November 1918.
Wilhelm was the only child of Prince Friedrich of Württemberg (1808–1870) by his wife Princess Katherina Friederike of Württemberg (1821–1898), herself the daughter of King Wilhelm I of Württemberg (1781–1864). His parents were first cousins, being the children of two brothers, and Wilhelm was their only child.
On 15 February 1877 at Arolsen he married Princess Marie of Waldeck and Pyrmont (1857–1882). They had three children. Marie died on 30 April 1882 in Stuttgart, from complications resulting from the birth of her third child, a stillborn daughter. On 8 April 1886, at Bückeburg, he married Princess Charlotte of Schaumburg-Lippe (1864–1946). They had no children.
In 1891, Wilhelm succeeded his childless maternal uncle, King Karl I (1823–1891) and became King of Württemberg. King Wilhelm became a Generalfeldmarschall during World War I. In 1918, he was deposed from the throne along with the other German rulers. King Wilhelm finally abdicated on 30 November 1918.
He died on 2 October 1921, aged 73, in Bebenhausen, Württemberg, Weimar Republic. The royal branch of the House of Württemberg thus became extinct and the headship of the house devolved to Albrecht, Duke of Württemberg.
- friend relationship with Taube, Erich von (born 6 January 1849)
- other associate with Gantter, Eugen (born 11 January 1848). Notes: Classmates
- child->parent relationship with Friedrich, Prince of Württemberg (born 21 February 1808)
- spouse relationship with Charlotte, Queen Consort of Württemberg (born 10 October 1864). Notes: 1886-1921
- other kin relationship with Karl, King of Württemberg (born 6 March 1823). Notes: Uncle/ nephew
- has other family relationship with Wilhelm, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe (born 12 December 1834). Notes: Father-in-law/ son-in-law
- Relationship : Marriage 15 February 1877 (Princess Marie of Waldeck and Pyrmont)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 8 April 1886 (Princess Charlotte of Schaumburg-Lippe)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Börsen-Halle," 2 March 1848, p. 4: "(S.M.) Stuttgart, den 26. Febr. Ihre konigl. Hoheit die Frau Prinzessin Katharine, Gemahlin des Prinzen Friedrich k. H.. wurde gestern Abend 7 Uhr, nach zwolfstündigen Schmerzen, von einem gesunden Prinzen glücklich entbunden."
(Stuttgart, 26 Feb. Her Royal Highness Princess Katharine, wife of Prince Friedrich, was happily delivered of a healthy prince at 7 o'clock last night, after twelve hours of labour).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Generalfeldmarschal/ Field marshal)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Württemberg)