Wilhelm Friedrich, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach
|born on||29 December 1685 Jul.Cal. (8 Jan 1686 greg.) at 14:30 (= 2:30 PM )|
|Place||Ansbach, Germany, 49n17, 10e34|
|Timezone||LMT m10e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||18°51' 05°54 Asc. 26°31'|
German nobleman, who was Margrave of the Principality of Brandenburg-Ansbach from 1703 until his death on 7 January 1723. He was the younger brother of Caroline of Ansbach and thus brother-in-law of George II of Great Britain. His parents were John Frederick, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach, and his second wife, Eleonore Erdmuthe of Saxe-Eisenach. His two surviving half-brothers, Margraves Christian Albert and George Frederick II, both died unmarried and without legitimate issue. He married his first cousin, Christiane Charlotte of Württemberg-Winnental. He died in Unterreichenbach and was succeeded by his son Charles William Frederick, called "The Wild Margrave".
- parent->child relationship with Karl Wilhelm Friedrich, Margrave of Brandenburg-An (born 12 May 1712)
- child->parent relationship with Johann Friedrich, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach (born 18 October 1654 Jul.Cal. (28 Oct 1654 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Caroline, Queen Consort of Great Britain (born 1 March 1683 Jul.Cal. (11 Mar 1683 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Christian Albrecht, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbac (born 8 September 1675 Jul.Cal. (18 Sep 1675 greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Dorothea Friederike, Countess of Hanau (born 12 August 1676 Jul.Cal. (22 Aug 1676 greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Georg Friedrich, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach (born 23 April 1678 Jul.Cal. (3 May 1678 greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
Sy Scholfield quotes "Burg- und Marggräfflich-Brandenburgische Landes- und Regenten-Historie" by Johann Matthias Groß (Enderes, 1749), p. 522: "Herr Marggraf Wilhelm Friedrich ... wurden zu Onolzbach, den 29. Dec. ao. 1685. Nachmittag zwischen zwei und drei Uhr zur Welt gebohren."
Translation: Marggraf Wilhelm Friedrich ... was born into the world at Onolzbach [Ansbach] on 29 Dec. 1685 in the afternoon between two and three o'clock.
Note: Wikipedia has 8 January 1686 which is NS.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern)