Wilhelm, Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
|Birthname||Friedrich Wilhelm Nicolas|
|born on||5 March 1827 at 18:00 (= 6:00 PM )|
|Place||Ludwigslust, Germany, 53n19, 11e30|
|Timezone||LMT m11e30 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||14°24' 13°46 Asc. 18°05'|
Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, as the second son of Hereditary Grand Duke Paul Friedrich of Mecklenburg and his wife Princess Alexandrine of Prussia, daughter of Friedrich Wilhelm III.
He enlisted in the Prussian army and became commander of the sixth regiment of cuirassiers. Wilhelm had a reputation for drunkenness and a dissolute character.
On 9 December 1865, he married Alexandrine of Prussia, daughter of Albert of Prussia and Marianne of Orange-Nassau. The marriage was unhappy and the couple had an only child: Charlotte (1868-1944) who married Prince Heinrich XVIII Reuss of Köstritz.
Wilhelm took part in the Austro-Prussian War of 1866 as a major general in command of a brigade of cavalry corps. He managed with difficulty to secure an unimportant command in the Prussian army during the Franco-Prussian War, but he was wounded on 9 September 1870 in Laon. As a result, he was long absent from the front and he showed a great lack of energy at the Battle of Le Mans. In 1873 he became commander of the 22nd Division in Kassel, completed in 1874 but it was only an honorary position. He died on 28 July 1879.
- child->parent relationship with Alexandrine, Princess of Prussia (1803) (born 23 February 1803)
- child->parent relationship with Paul Friedrich, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (born 15 September 1800)
- spouse relationship with Alexandrine, Princess of Prussia (1842) (born 1 February 1842). Notes: 1865-1879
- sibling relationship with Luise, Duchess of Mecklenburg (born 17 May 1824)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1868 (Birth of daughter, Charlotte)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Augsburger Ordinari Postzeitung von Staats-, gelehrten, historisch- u. ökonomischen Neuigkeiten: 1827": "Ludwigslust, den 6. März. - Ihre königl. Hoheit die Frau Erbgroßherzogin von Mecklenburg Schwerin, Alexandrino, Tochter Sr. Majestät des Königs von Preußen, ist gestern Abends 6 Uhr von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden" (translation: Ludwigslust, March 6th. Her Highness Hereditary grand duchess of Mecklenburg Schwerin, Alexandrino, daughter of His Majesty the King of Prussia, was happily delivered of a prince yesterday at six o'clock in the evening).
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Honorary commander)
- Vocation : Military : Wounded