|Birthname||James Thomas Wilburn|
|born on||25 November 1908 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°08' 26°37 Asc. 05°17'|
American racecar driver who won a non-points Championship Car race at Lakewood Speedway in March 1946 which is the first known Champ Car race to be held after the end of World War II. Later that year he drove in the 1946 Indianapolis 500 driving an Alfa Romeo and started 16th and retired after 52 laps with engine trouble, credited with the 19th finishing position.
Wilburn moved with his wife Mary (the couple married in 1939) to Florida after retiring from racing. He died on 26 August 1984 at age 75. He was inducted in the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame in 1994.
- Death, Cause unspecified 26 August 1984 (Age 75)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 1994 (National Sprint Car Hall of Fame)
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Vocation : Sports : Race Cars (Driver)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (National Sprint Car)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship