Widmann, Johann Jakob
|born on||30 January 1799 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Heilbronn, Germany, 49n08, 9e13|
|Timezone||LMT m9e13 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||10°20' 01°43 Asc. 12°30'|
German businessman, an entrepreneur who founded the German paper machine industry. From 1830 to 1850, he had more than 50 paper machines built to his own design and set up throughout Europe. His model was also successfully copied by others. Widmann founded the Widmann paper machine factory in the Widmann valley in Neckargartach, which was later named after him. He emigrated to America on 22 August 1849 after the bankruptcy and foreclosure of his property. He died there in 1876.
- associate relationship with Schaeuffelen, Gustav (born 21 July 1798)
- Death, Cause unspecified 1876
Sy Scholfield provided Lutheran Church birth and baptism entry (Heilbronn, 1799, page 217): "geb. . 30 Janr früh 4- Uhr" (born 30 January at 4 o'clock in the morning).
- Lifestyle : Financial : Loss - Bankruptcy
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator