|born on||13 August 1904 at 19:15 (= 7:15 PM )|
|Place||Oslo, Norway, 59n55, 10e45|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°31' 21°50 Asc. 20°46'|
Norwegian aviator and entrepreneur. Together with his brother Arild Widerøe and Einar Isdahl he founded Widerøe's Flyveselskap, Norway's third largest airline, on 19 February 1934. The airline is still in operation today and is the largest regional airline in the Nordic countries.
His brother was accelerator physicist Rolf Widerøe. He was the father of Turi Widerøe, Norway's first female air transport pilot.
Widerøe died on 8 January 2002 in Oslo, Norway, aged 97.
- parent->child relationship with Widerøe, Turi (born 23 November 1937)
- sibling relationship with Widerøe, Rolf (born 11 July 1902)
Viktor E. quotes from the midwife records: "7 ¼ EM [eftermiddag (after midday)]." A photograph of the entry for Widerøe is on file at Astrodatabank.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 97)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Travel : Aviation field (Aviator)