|Birthname||Wilhelm Heinrich Westphal|
|born on||3 March 1882 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Hamburg, Germany, 53n33, 9e59|
|Timezone||LMT m9e59 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||12°49' 25°52 Asc. 14°21'|
German physicist, a professor at the University of Berlin from 1918. During the period 1922 to 1924, he was also an expert adviser to the Prussian Ministry of Science, Arts and Culture. From 1928, he was simultaneously a professor at the University of Berlin and the Technical University of Berlin. His position at the former ended when it fell in the Russian sector at the close of World War II, but he achieved emeritus status at the latter in 1955.
In addition to being a successful researcher, Westphal was a prolific textbook author. He was also the editor of Volumes 12 through 17 of the Handbuch der Physik, of the encyclopedia Physikalisches Wörterbuch, and of the series Die Wissenschaft.
He died on 5 June 1978 in Berlin, aged 96.
- associate relationship with Franck, James (born 26 August 1882). Notes: Co-authors
- associate relationship with Hertz, Gustav (born 22 July 1887). Notes: Classmates
- associate relationship with Pohl, Robert (born 10 August 1884). Notes: Classmates
Sy Scholfield provided birth record from Hamburg State Archives: "mittags um zwölf Uhr" (at twelve o'clock noon).
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 96)
- Vocation : Education : Researcher
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor)
- Vocation : Science : Physics
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction