|born on||13 August 1946 at 09:20 (= 09:20 AM )|
|Place||Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 36n06, 80w15|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°13' 28°11 Asc. 05°06'|
American-born Italian singer and bass guitarist, perhaps mostly known for representing Italy along with Dori Ghezzi in the Eurovision Song Contest 1975 in Stockholm, Sweden, placing third. He formed a successful duo with Ghezzi and achieved some hits in Italy, such as "Voglio stare con te", "Come stai? Con chi sei?" and "Un corpo e un'anima". Wess also was a singer and played bass guitar for the funk-soul band Wess & The Airedales in the 1960s and early 1970s. Originally from North Carolina, Wess moved to Italy in the 1960s in pursuit of a musical career. Wess died in New York on 21 September 2009 during his United States tour when a breathing crisis led to his death. He was the father of UK-based R'n'B singer Romina Johnson (b. 1973-), who often accompanied him as a backing singer.
- associate relationship with Ghezzi, Dori (born 30 March 1946). Notes: Other half of popular singing duo
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1973 (Birth of daughter, Romina)
Grazia Bordoni database, 'entertainment' file quotes him with year given as 1946 although other references give 1945.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Wess & The Airedales)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Bass guitarist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Famous : Other Famous (Eurovision Song Contest entrant)