Wellington, Duke of
|born on||1 May 1769 at 23:58 (= 11:58 PM )|
|Place||Dublin, Ireland, 53n20, 6w15|
|Timezone||LMT m6w15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°49' 16°28 Asc. 03°47'|
British general and statesman most noted for his defeat of Napoleon at the Battle of Waterloo in 1818. Known as "The Iron Duke," he originally entered the army at the age of 18, rising rapidly in the ranks for the next 20 years to become a commander in 1809. After his defeat of Napoleon, he went on to become the Prime Minister of England.
Wellesley died on 9/14/1852, Walmer Castle, Kent, England.
- associate relationship with Wilson, Harriette (born 22 February 1786)
- other kin relationship with Wellesley, Henry (born 5 April 1846). Notes: Grandkin
- compare to chart of Military: Battle of Waterloo (born 18 June 1815)
- role played of/by Fry, Stephen (born 24 August 1957). Notes: 200 film "Sabotage"
- Work : Gain social status 1809 (Became Commander)
- Work : Great Achievement 1818 (Defeated Napolean at Waterloo)
Constellations '77. Lockhart quotes Raphael's Manual of Astrology, "from a close relative, midnight ending the day" In April 2006 David Hamblin quotes from Sir Lesley Stephen & Sir Sidney Lee (eds.), Dictionary of National Biography: from the earliest times to 1900 (London, Oxford University Press, 1949): "There is some doubt about the exact time and place of his birth. His mother gave 1 May as his birthday, and he himself so kept it, but the nurse affimed that he was born on 6 March at Dangan Castle, co. Meath.
The registry of St Peter's Church, Dublin, shows that he was christened there on 30 April 1769, and the May number of Exshaw's Gentleman's Magazine has: "April 29. The Countess of Mornington of a son." The Dublin Gazette of 2-4 May dates the event "a few days sgo, in Merrion Street."
On the whole the evidence points to 29 April, and to 24 Upper Merrion Street, Dublin. He signed himself ‘Arthur Wesley’ till May 1798, when he adopted the form ‘Wellesley.’"
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 83)
- Vocation : Military : Military career (General)
- Vocation : Politics : Heads of state (Prime Minister of England)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Defeated Napoleon)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book