|Birthname||Andrew Thomas Weil|
|born on||8 June 1942 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 39n57, 75w10|
|Timezone||EWT h4w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||17°22' 21°44 Asc. 25°01'|
American holistic physician and writer, he has taught that the mind has healing power and that healing comes from within. He often recommends visualization and meditation as healing techniques and recommends wellness regimes that stress healthy diet, good emotional health, and exercise, with supplements of appropriate vitamins, minerals and herbs. He has written several books, is a featured health writer for many publications, and has his own subscription newsletter. A businessman as well as physician, healer and writer, he founded Weil Lifestyle, LLC, a successful company dispensing and promoting advice and products consistent with his philosophy.
Weil appeared on the cover of Time magazine in 1997 and again in 2005, and Time named him one of the 25 most influential Americans in 1997 and one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2005.
In 1968 after he completed his bachelors and M.D. program at Harvard University, Weil completed military service from 1969-1970, becoming a lieutenant in the U.S. Public Health Service. In 1971, he began his private practice and became a research associate of ethnopharmacology at Harvard University. In 1976 he moved to Tucson, AZ and began teaching there, establishing in 1994 the Program in Integrative Medicine. His first book, "The Marriage of the Sun and Moon: A Quest for Unity in Consciousness," was published in 1980 and "The Natural Mind: A New Way of Looking at Drugs and the Higher Consciousness," followed, published in 1986. He has authored "Natural Health, Natural Medicine: A Comprehensive Guide for Wellness and Self-Care, Houghton" (1990) "Spontaneous Healing: How to Discover and Enhance Your Body's Natural Ability to Maintain and Heal Itself" (1995), "Eight Weeks to Optimum Health: A Proven Program for Taking Full Advantage of Your Body's Natural Healing Power" (1997) and has since published several more including " Eating Well for Optimum Health: The Essential Guide to Food, Diet, and Nutrition" in 2000 and "The Healthy Kitchen" in 2002. He is editorial director of www.drweil.com and is a frequent guest on TV and radio shows.
He married Sabine Charlotte Kremp on March 11, 1990; they divorced in 1997 and have one daughter.
- Social : Joined group 1969 (military service began)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1980 (First book, "Marriage of the Sun and Moon")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1986 ("Natural Mind")
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1997
Steinbrecher quotes him to Ray M. quoting his mom
- Traits : Body : Hair (bald with beard)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (married late)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (one daughter)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Sales (vitamins and minerals)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Alternative methods (promotes alternative medicine)
- Vocation : Medical : Physician
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Vocation : Writers : How To ....
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession