|Birthname||Morrison, Marion Robert|
|born on||26 May 1907 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Winterset, Iowa, 41n20, 94w01|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||04°02' 18°10 Asc. 05°47'|
American actor, one of the historic icons of the silver screen. He was a tough, genial and generally inimitable leading man of action films who, after a slow start, became one of the best known and most successful actors in Hollywood. From his debut, he played in some 190 films.
Wayne grew up in a household of continual bickering. He was an honor student and class president. While working as a laborer at Fox studios, he was cast in the 1929 film "The Big Trail," and achieved a Best Actor Oscar for his performance in "True Grit" in 1969.
Relatively straight-laced in his private life, he married three times and had a total of seven kids. He was a shopaholic, for himself and accompanying his wife, but was not a good businessman, often choosing unwise investments. Wayne smoked five-six packs of cigarettes a day and had a legendary capacity for alcohol. He died of stomach cancer on 11 June 1979 and was buried in an undisclosed location.
- associate relationship with Brooks, Louise (born 14 November 1906). Notes: Co-stars in 1938 film "Overland Stage Raiders"
- associate relationship with Devine, Andy (born 7 October 1905). Notes: Co-stars in Western films
- associate relationship with Stewart, James (born 20 May 1908). Notes: Co-stars in 1962 film "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance"
- friend relationship with Fonda, Henry (born 16 May 1905)
- lover relationship with Dietrich, Marlene (born 27 December 1901)
- parent->child relationship with Wayne, Ethan (born 22 February 1962)
- parent->child relationship with Wayne, Michael (born 23 November 1934)
- spouse relationship with Baur, Esperanza (born 17 July 1920). Notes: 1946-1954
- compare to chart of Roberson, Chuck (born 10 May 1919). Notes: Roberson was Wayne's stunt double
- Work : Prize 1969 (Best Actor Oscar Award)
Starkman quotes a very well researched website : "On the morning of May 26, 1907, Marion Robert Morrison was born in Winterset, Iowa". Starkman rectified it to 9.56.08 CST.
Previously, Rodden quoted date and place from media; time unknown.
(PC gives a spec time of 9:50 AM. Descaut quoted De Marre for 1:00 PM from a biography: De Marre knows of no biography.) Encyclopedia Britannica gives his real name as Marion Robert Morrison from birth certificate.
Sy Scholfield emailed the above website in May 2007 requesting clarification of the source of the "morning" birth time but received no reply. He traced the "morning" birth time to a birth notice cited in John Wayne: The Life and Legend by Scott Eyman (Simon and Schuster, 2015), p. 15: "The birth announcement ran in the May 30, 1907, edition of the Winterset Madisonian complete with a typo: 'A 13 pound son arrived at the home Mr. ank [sic] Mrs. Clyde Morrison, Monday morning.' Sometime after Marion became famous his birth certificate disappeared from the courthouse, although conspiracy theorists should know that an entry in the Madison County Record of Births (Book 2, page 329) attests to the town, name, date, and parents." A photo of the birth notice has been published online . The date of 26 May 1907 was actually a Sunday, not a Monday.
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Stomach)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Lifetime heavy drinker)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Seven)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress