|Birthname||Charles Denton Watson|
|born on||2 December 1945 at 21:05 (= 9:05 PM )|
|Place||Dallas, Texas, 32n47, 96w48|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°36' 22°52 Asc. 02°06'|
American murderer who was a central member of the "Manson family" led by Charles Manson. On 9 August 1969, while under the orders of Manson, he stabbed eight-month pregnant Sharon Tate to death as Susan Atkins held her, and he killed four other people that night. The next night, Watson participated in the murders of Leno and Rosemary LaBianca, as part of Manson's "Helter Skelter" vision. After his trial, Watson was sentenced to life in prison.
Watson became a born-again Christian in 1975 and through non-incarcerated friends operates aboundinglove.org. He has written about his role in the murders, stating that he believes that God has forgiven him. Will You Die For Me?, Watson's autobiography, as told to "Chaplain Ray" (Ray Hoekstra), was published in 1978. In 1979, he married Kristin Joan Svege. Through conjugal visits they were able to have four children (three boys, one girl), but those visits for life prisoners were banned in October 1996. After 24 years of marriage, Svege divorced Watson after meeting another man in 2003.
In 2012, Watson disputed a request to release recordings of conversations between himself and his attorney. The recordings became part of a bankruptcy proceeding involving the deceased attorney's law firm. Members of the Los Angeles Police Department believed the recordings might contain clues about unsolved murder cases involving the Manson family. Watson asked the presiding judge to allow police to listen to the tapes but not take possession of them.
Watson's minimum eligible parole date was 26 November 1976; he has been denied parole 17 times since then, including two stipulations.
- associate relationship with Atkins, Susan (born 7 May 1948). Notes: Members of the Manson "family"
- associate relationship with Beausoleil, Bobby (born 6 November 1947). Notes: Members of the Manson "family"
- associate relationship with Fromme, Squeaky (born 22 October 1948). Notes: Members of the Manson "family"
- associate relationship with Krenwinkel, Patricia (born 3 December 1947). Notes: Members of the Manson "family"
- associate relationship with Van Houten, Leslie (born 23 August 1949). Notes: Members of the Manson "family"
- associate relationship with Waters, John (1946) (born 22 April 1946). Notes: Waters visited Watson in prison
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Tate, Debra (born 6 November 1952). Notes: Tate opposed his release
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Tate, Doris (born 16 January 1924). Notes: Tate opposed his release
- (has as) guru relationship with Manson, Charles (born 12 November 1934)
- homicide victim relationship with Folger, Abigail (born 11 August 1943)
- homicide victim relationship with LaBianca, Rosemary (born 15 December 1925)
- homicide victim relationship with Parent, Steven (born 12 February 1951). Notes: First murder on the first night of two-night killing spree
- homicide victim relationship with Sebring, Jay (born 10 October 1933)
- homicide victim relationship with Tate, Sharon (born 24 January 1943)
- role played of/by Butler, Austin (born 17 August 1991). Notes: 2019 film "Once Upon a Time In Hollywood"
- role played of/by Dane, Eric (born 9 November 1972). Notes: 2004 TV movie "Helter Skelter"
- Crime : Homicide Perpetration 9 August 1969 at 12:05 AM in Los Angeles (Stabbed pregnant Sharon Tate and others to death)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Crime : Trial dates 12 October 1971 (Convicted of seven counts of first-degree murder)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1978 (Autobiography, "Will You Die For Me?")
- Relationship : Marriage 1979 (Kristin Joan Svege)
Contemporary American Horoscopes. Gene Lockhart quotes B.C. for 21:15; one or the other may have a typo or the B.C. could be difficult to read
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Rehab)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (24 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide many at once (La Bianca and Tate killings)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (Life)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Conversion/ Born again (Born-again Christian in prison)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Will You Die For Me?")
- Notable : Famous : Criminal cases (Manson gang)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book