|Birthname||Marcia Karen Wallace|
|born on||1 November 1942 at 06:35 (= 06:35 AM )|
|Place||Creston, Iowa, 41n04, 94w22|
|Timezone||CWT h5w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||08°25' 10°50 Asc. 23°16'|
American actress and comedian, primarily known for her roles in television situation comedies, best known for her roles as receptionist Carol Kester on the 1970s sitcom The Bob Newhart Show, Mrs. Carruthers on Full House, and as the voice of elementary school teacher Edna Krabappel on the animated series The Simpsons, for which she won an Emmy in 1992. The character was retired after her death.
Wallace was known for her tall frame, red hair, and distinctive laugh. She had a career spanning five decades on TV, film, and stage. She was a frequent guest on The Merv Griffin Show, which led to her receiving a personal request to appear on The Bob Newhart Show in a role created especially for her. Diagnosed with breast cancer in 1985, she became a cancer activist, and remained so throughout her life.
Wallace married hotelier Dennis Hawley on 18 May 1986 in a Buddhist ceremony. The couple adopted an infant son, Michael Wallace "Mikey" Hawley. Dennis died from pancreatic cancer in June 1992.
Her autobiography, Don't Look Back, We're Not Going That Way, published in 2004, recounts the early detection of her breast cancer, the loss of her husband Dennis, her nervous breakdown, her single motherhood, and other experiences such as a history of bulimia. She credited the title of the book to her father, who used the phrase often during her childhood.
Wallace died from pneumonia and sepsis on 25 October 2013 at age 70 in Los Angeles, California. Breast cancer was also listed as a significant condition on her death certificate.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: The Simpsons (born 17 December 1989). Notes: Voiced Edna Krabappel, 1990-2013
- associate relationship with Griffin, Merv (born 6 July 1925)
- associate relationship with Newhart, Bob (born 5 September 1929)
- Work : Prize 2004 (Autobiography, "Don't Look Back")
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Traits : Body : Hair (Red)
- Traits : Body : Size (Tall)
- Traits : Body : Voice/Speech (Distinctive laugh)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Breast)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (1992)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One adopted son)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, stage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Cancer)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Don't Look Back")
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (1992)