Von Sydow, Max
|Birthname||Carl Adolf von Sydow|
|born on||10 April 1929|
|Place||Lund, Sweden, 55n42, 13e11|
|Timezone||CET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°05' or|
Swedish actor noted for his prolific career in European and American screen productions, he eventually featured in more than 100 films and TV series. His most memorable film roles include Knight Antonius Block in Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal (1957), the earliest of 11 films he made with Bergman, which includes iconic scenes in which his character plays chess with Death.
He also played Jesus Christ in George Stevens' The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965) and also appeared in William Friedkin's The Exorcist (1973), David Lynch's Dune (1984), Woody Allen's Hannah and Her Sisters (1986), Penny Marshall's Awakenings (1990), Steven Spielberg's Minority Report (2002), Julian Schnabel's The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007), and Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island (2010). He later appeared in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and in HBO's Game of Thrones as Three-eyed Raven, for which he received a Primetime Emmy Award nomination.
Throughout his long career he received two Academy Award nominations for his performances in Pelle the Conqueror (1987) and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2011). Von Sydow received the Royal Foundation of Sweden's Cultural Award in 1954, was made a Commandeur des Arts et des Lettres in 2005, and was named a Chevalier de la Légion d'honneur on 17 October 2012.
Von Sydow married actress Christina Inga Britta Olin in 1951. They had two sons, Clas and Henrik, who appeared with him in the film Hawaii. The couple divorced in 1979. Von Sydow later married documentarian Catherine Brelet in 1997, and adopted Brelet's two children from a previous marriage.
In 2002, Von Sydow became a citizen of France, at which time he had to relinquish his Swedish citizenship. Von Sydow died on 8 March 2020 at the age of 90 at his home in Provence, France.
- associate relationship with Bergman, Ingmar (born 14 July 1918). Notes: Sydow appeared in 11 Bergman films
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Game of Thrones (born 17 April 2011). Notes: Played Three-eyed Raven, 2016, 3 episodes
- role played of/by Frank, Otto 'Pim' (born 12 May 1889). Notes: 1967 TV film "The Diary of Anne Frank"
- role played of/by Hamsun, Knut (born 4 August 1859). Notes: 1996 film "Hamsun"
- role played of/by Jesus of Nazareth (born 25 December 01 BC (000) Jul.Cal.). Notes: 1965 film "The Greatest Story Ever Told"
- role played of/by Joao II, King of Portugal (born 4 May 1455 Jul.Cal. (13 May 1455 greg.)). Notes: 1985 TV miniseries "Christopher Columbus"
- role played of/by Nansen, Fridtjof (born 10 October 1861). Notes: 1985 TV series "The Last Place on Earth"
- role played of/by O'Neill, Eugene (born 16 October 1888). Notes: 1993 TV film "Och ge oss skuggorna"
- role played of/by Pope Clement VII (born 26 May 1478 Jul.Cal. (4 June 1478 greg.)). Notes: 1990 film "A Violent Life"
- role played of/by Strindberg, August (born 22 January 1849). Notes: 1986 film "The Wolf at the Door"
- Social : Acquired Citizenship 2002 (France)
Sy Scholfield provided Swedish Church birth record (no. 476), no time recorded.
Starkman rectified to 22.18.36 CET Asc 23Sco57'
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Sweden to France)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 90)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, stage, video)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Two nominations)
- Notable : Awards : Public Service
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award