|Birthname||Rudolf Wilhelm Vollmöller|
|born on||17 November 1818 at 14:30 (= 2:30 PM )|
|Place||Bretzfeld/Unterheimbach, Germany, 49n10, 9e29|
|Timezone||LMT m9e29 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||24°40' 15°57 Asc. 07°41'|
German entrepreneur who introduced the mail order and parcel delivery service in Germany as early as 1860. He expanded the colonial goods trade to include an emigration agency, an insurance agency and a transatlantic mail order business - long before Neckermann and Otto.
His agency looked after Swabian emigrants to the USA, took care of all the formalities, organized the journey to the overseas ports in Germany and Holland and supplied the emigrants in the USA with domestic products from Swabia and Germany through his mail order business. He also acquired the salt monopoly for part of the Kingdom of Württemberg.
In 1846 he married Sophie Dallinger (nee Lust). Their two sons, Karl Vollmöller and Robert Vollmöller, had successful careers. Karl became a professor of Romance languages; Robert founded Vollmoeller AG. Rudolf Vollmöller died of a heart attack on 22 June 1868 at the age of 49 in Ilsfeld.
- parent->child relationship with Vollmöller, Karl (born 16 October 1848)
- parent->child relationship with Vollmöller, Robert (born 29 October 1849)
Sy Scholfield provided Lutheran Church birth and baptism entry (1818, page 72, no. 27), born "Nachmittags zwischen 2 und 3 Uhr" (between 2 and 3 O'clock in the afternoon).
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fourth of six)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Two sons)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Business : Insurance fields
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Sales
- Vocation : Politics : Postal service