|Birthname||Carl Gustav Vollmöller|
|born on||16 October 1848 at 15:30 (= 3:30 PM )|
|Place||Heilbronn-Ilsfeld, Germany, 49n02, 9e16|
|Timezone||LMT m9e16 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||23°23' 18°45 Asc. 04°09'|
German philologist who published five books. He was editor of Kritischer Jahresbericht über die Fortschritte der romanischen Philologie, an annual compilation (Critical annual report on the progress of Romance philology; 1890 et seq.). In 1902 he founded Die Gesellschaft für romanische Literatur.
He was educated in Tübingen, Bonn, Munich, Berlin, and Paris. He traveled in Spain in 1874-1875 and became a lecturer in Strassburg in 1875. He was professor at Erlangen (1877–1881), and then at Göttingen until 1891, when he retired, settled in Dresden, and devoted himself to Romance philology.
His nephew Karl Gustav Vollmoeller was a noted screenwriter. He died on 8 July 1922 in Dresden at age 73.
- child->parent relationship with Vollmöller, Rudolf (born 17 November 1818)
- sibling relationship with Vollmöller, Robert (born 29 October 1849)
- other kin relationship with Vollmöller, Hans Robert (born 6 March 1889). Notes: Uncle/ nephew
- other kin relationship with Vollmöller, Karl Gustav (born 7 May 1878). Notes: Uncle/ nephew
- other kin relationship with Vollmöller-Purrmann, Mathilde (born 18 October 1876). Notes: Uncle/ niece
Sy Scholfield provided Lutheran Church birth and baptism entry (1848, page 134, no. 74).
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Linguist (Philologist)
- Vocation : Writers : Critic
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction