Viggo, Count of Rosenborg
|Birthname||Viggo Christian Adolf Georg|
|born on||25 December 1893 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Copenhagen, Denmark, 55n40, 12e35|
|Timezone||CMT m12e35 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°42' 02°30 Asc. 02°29'|
Danish prince, the youngest son of Prince Valdemar of Denmark and Princess Marie of Orléans. Without the legally required permission of the Danish king for a dynastic marriage, Viggo married Eleanor Margaret Green (New York City, New York, 5 November 1895 – Copenhagen, 3 July 1966), in New York City, New York, on 10 June 1924.
As became customary in the Danish royal house upon marriage to a commoner, prior to the wedding Viggo renounced his place in Denmark's line of succession to the Crown, forfeiting his title of Prince of Denmark, and his style of Royal Highness. With the king's authorisation, he assumed the title "Prince Viggo, Greve af (Count of) Rosenborg" and the style of Highness on 21 December 1923. Although the comital title was made hereditary for all of his legitimate descendants in the male line, the princely title was restricted to himself and his wife alone (i.e. "Prince and Princess Viggo", etc.). The couple had no children.
Prince Viggo died on 4 January 1970, aged 76, in Copenhagen.
- child->parent relationship with Marie, Princess of Orléans (born 13 January 1865)
- child->parent relationship with Valdemar, Prince of Denmark (born 27 October 1858)
- sibling relationship with Aage, Count of Rosenborg (born 10 June 1887)
- sibling relationship with Axel, Prince of Denmark (born 12 August 1888)
- sibling relationship with Erik, Count of Rosenborg (born 8 November 1890)
- sibling relationship with Margrethe, Princess of Denmark (born 17 September 1895)
Sy Scholfield quotes from Berliner Börsenzeitung, 27 Dec 1893, p. 13: "Kopenhagen, 26. December. (C. T. C.) Prinzessinn Waldemar ist gestern früh von einem Prinzen entbunden worden."
(Copenhagen, 26 December. (C.T.C.) Princess Waldemar was delivered yesterday morning of a prince). A time of 6 AM is speculative.
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fourth of five)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Glücksburg, Denmark)