Victoire von Sachsen-Coburg-Saalfeld
|Birthname||Marie Luise Victorie|
|born on||17 August 1786 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Coburg, Germany, 50n15, 10e58|
|Timezone||LMT m10e58 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||24°57' 09°45 Asc. 25°05'|
German royalty: Princess of Leiningen, Duchess of Kent and Strathearn, and the mother of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom (1819-1901).
Mary Louise Victoria was the fourth daughter and seventh child of Franz Frederick Anton, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, and Countess Augusta of Reuss-Ebersdorf. She had a rough childhood growing up with her brothers and sisters.
On 21 December 1803 at Coburg, she married (as his second wife) Charles, Prince of Leiningen (1763–1814). Charles and Victoria had two children: Carl Friedrich Wilhelm Emich, Prince of Leiningen (1804-1856) and Princess Anna Feodora Auguste Charlotte Wilhelmine (1807-1872).
Four years after Charles's death, she married Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn (1767-1820) on 29 May 1818 at Amorbach, and again, on 11 July 1818, at Kew. Having raced from Germany back to England, arriving at Dover on April 23, 1819, they moved into Kensington Palace, where she soon gave birth to a daughter, Victoria of the United Kingdom (1819-1901).
The Duchess died on 16 March 1861, at the age of 74.
- friend relationship with Hastings, Lady Flora (born 11 February 1806). Notes: Lady-in-waiting
- parent->child relationship with Victoria, Queen of the United Kingdom (born 24 May 1819)
- child->parent relationship with Franz, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld (born 15 July 1750)
- spouse relationship with Emich Carl, 2nd Prince of Leiningen (born 27 September 1763). Notes: 1803-1814
- spouse relationship with Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn (born 2 November 1767)
- sibling relationship with Ernst I, Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (born 2 January 1784)
- sibling relationship with Ferdinand von Sachsen-Coburg (born 28 March 1785)
- sibling relationship with Leopold I, King of Belgium (born 16 December 1790)
- sibling relationship with Sophie von Sachsen-Coburg-Saalfeld (born 19 August 1778)
- other kin relationship with Albert, Prince Consort of the United Kingdom (born 26 August 1819). Notes: in-laws
Sy Scholfield quotes "Jahrbücher der Herzoglich Sächsischen Residenzstadt Coburg: Von 741 - 1822, Volume 1" by Philipp Carl Gotthard Karche (Ahl, 1825), p. 381: "den 17. Aug.  Abends 9 Uhr wurde die Frau Erbprinzessin von einer Prinzessin entbunden, welche die Namen Marie Luise Victorie erhielt." [Translation: 17 Aug. . At 9 o'clock in the evening the Hereditary Princess was delivered of a princess, who was given the names Marie Louise Victorie.]
- Notable : Famous : Royal family