Van Dam-Groeneveld, Catharina
|Birthname||Catharina Angenita Groeneveld|
|born on||20 November 1887 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Leiden, Netherlands, 52n10, 4e30|
|Timezone||LMT m4e30 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||27°27' 29°50 Asc. 29°08'|
Dutch supercentenarian, who from 14 August 1997 until her death, was the oldest recognized living person in the Netherlands. She held this title for three years and 186 days.
At the time of her death, Van Dam-Groeneveld was the fourth oldest living person after the Frenchwoman Marie Bremont, American woman Maude Farris-Luse and Japanese woman Kamato Hongo.
Van Dam-Groeneveld lived her entire life in Leiden. On 2 August 1911, she married Jacob van Dam, with whom she had ten children.
When Van Dam-Groeneveld died on 16 February 2001 she established the record for the oldest person ever in the Netherlands at 113 years and 88 days. The record was broken on 26 September 2003 by Henny Van Andel-Schipper, who died two years later aged 115 years and 62 days.
- compare to chart of Andel-Schipper, Henny van (born 29 June 1890)
- compare to chart of Brémont, Marie (born 25 April 1886)
Sy Scholfield submitted birth certificate n°1434 from the online Leiden archives: "des nachts te twee uren" (two o'clock at night).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Ten)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Supercentenarian, aged 113 years and 88 days)
- Notable : Famous : Notable extremes (Oldest person in the Netherlands, 1997-2001)