Van Acker, Flori
|Birthname||Florimond Arthur Joseph Marie v. Acker|
|born on||16 April 1858 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Bruges, Belgium, 51n13, 3e14|
|Timezone||LMT m3e14 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||26°33' 06°24 Asc. 19°03'|
Belgian neo-romantic and impressionist painter, engraver, stamp designer and director of the Academy of Bruges. Van Acker was a painter of Bruges cityscapes and popular neighborhoods, landscapes, genre scenes, the life of the fisherman, historical scenes religious works and portraits. He was a very prolific designer of posters. As an amateur photographer, he was an active member of Bruges' Cercle Photographique.
His students included the modernist painter Jose Storie and his nephew Alfred Joseph Auguste van Neste.
He died on 14 March 1940 in Bruges, aged 81.
- friend relationship with Delville, Jean (born 19 January 1867)
- friend relationship with Toorop, Jan (born 20 December 1858)
- (has as) teacher relationship with Portaels, Jean-Francois (born 30 April 1818)
- (has as) student relationship with Storie, José (born 2 April 1899)
- (has as) student relationship with Van Neste, Alfred (born 4 March 1874). Notes: Acker was Neste's uncle
Sy Scholfield submitted birth certificate no. 468 from the online Bruges municipal archives: "om negen uren s' avonds" (at nine o'clock in the evening).
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist (Stamp designer)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher